Tuesday 9 March 2010

Blue Light Initiative launch party tonight!

This is tonight!
The launch party for Brightons newest band collective, The Blue Light Initiative, formed to help promote each others gigs and releases and to form a support network of fans and gig goers.

The Stars Down To Earth, Bobby McGees, Yokoko and Beautiful Word all on one billing in one place for only a fiver. Plus for the first 30 people through the door there is a free compilation featuring 9 songs by the 9 bands involved in this project!

I put this poster together a few weeks ago in a bit of a rush so while I like it I know I can do a lot better.

I'm usually a fan of the hand drawn/painted poster but just recently been really liking photo backgrounds. This doesn't work as well here, even though I love the photo, but it can be really visually striking when got just right and placed amongst all the other illustrator and hand drawn font posters you see everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment